Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gnocchi Soup... you will be glad you did!


Ok, so I have encountered a new soup and I can say it tops my favorite soup list. I had it the other day while at brunch-lunch with a friend at Olive Garden. It is a "must try." Last year around this time I dove into the soup thing and I made several soups that will now be an annual eat. So now I am so excited because we are creeping back into soup season and this new soup will be a great way to kick off my soup cooking season! Actually... today I plan to make the copycat version of this Olive Garden Style Chicken and Gnocchi Soup! The cool air and time of year has inspired me. Also, I am excited to round up my ingredients at a favorite store of mine, Central Market!

That day at lunch was my first time to try gnocchi pasta, which are "dumpling like" pasta bits. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed two large bowls of this soup! It was delicious I must say. I have seen these little pastas quite often while strolling through the pasta aisle at the grocery store and always wondered how and what to cook those with. Now I know! So the next time you are sitting in an Olive Garden think, "Oh yes, I need to try that gnocchi soup" you will be glad you did!!!

2 comments: